Wednesday, 21 August 2013

Review: The Kill Order by James Dashner (kindle edition)


"The prequel to the New York Times bestselling Maze Runner series.

Before WICKED was formed, before the Glade was built, before Thomas entered the Maze, sun flares hit the earth and mankind fell to disease.

Mark and Trina were there when it happened, and they survived. But surviving the sun flares was easy compared to what came next. Now a disease of rage and lunacy races across the eastern United States, and there’s something suspicious about its origin. Worse yet, it’s mutating, and all evidence suggests that it will bring humanity to its knees.

Mark and Trina are convinced there’s a way to save those left living from descending into madness. And they’re determined to find it—if they can stay alive. Because in this new, devastated world, every life has a price. And to some, you’re worth more dead than alive."

My Rating: 2 stars.

Okay so I had super high hopes for this book - loved the original trilogy with The Maze Runner being one of my favourite books. (don't even get me started on the perfect film casting)

I was a bit unsure about it being a prequel but hey, I still was excited to read it.

It was okay. I mean, it was heavy on the action and gore but there was little to no character development. I personally felt as if Dashner milking the cash cow so to speak. He's had such success with TMR he decided to squeeze a bit more cash out of a story which would have been fine without it. 

Honestly I can't blame him but it made this book quite unremarkable for me. Lots of action and gore and stuff. I liked the ending and the beginning with the connections to the other trilogy.

I also thought the descriptions of the illness and how it spread. The bit in the forest with the tribes (kind of) was really well written and I liked that element of it.

I paid around £4 for my kindle edition which and I think if you're bored and you have a kindle it's worth a go.

Overall a very mediocre book compared to the original trilogy but worth a read if you're a fan.

Anyone else who has read it got any thoughts?

Molly

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank-you so much for taking the time to comment, I know we all say it but all bloggers love comments :)